Taipan Jacketed Bullets
Manufactured by Malcolm Bone, PO Box 90, Gympie 4570
All inquiries by Email please.
News Flash - The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things - but the only one of interest to shooters
is that the time has come to close the factory door and hang up my draw press - all 6 of them. Over the
past several years I have genuinely intended to crank a few out but just haven't been able to make it happen.
About every couple of months I get an inquiry from interested parties who offer to buy me out. I am amenable to this,
it would be great if in fact it would happen, nothing I would like better than to see the plant up and running once again.
The big problem is that I have yet to be approached by someone who is capable of running it, there is no point selling it
someone only to have them lose their shirt. What it will take is someone with high end tool making experience or with
access to someone who has and shed space of 500 square meters. In our best year with a staff of 6 we produced 1.2 million
jacketed bullets plus 5 million lead bullets. That was by no means peak capacity.
In the interim I will continue to sell whatever stock that is remaining, the choice is limited at this stage, the popular
calibre/weights were sold out long ago. The jacketed bullet page from now on will only display what is currently available -
I am endeavouring to cut out all those emails which start out "When are you going to make . . . ."
Please note, I work on a $250 minimum order. I am a manufacturing facility not a gun shop and it is hugely uneconomic
for me to gather, pack, print address labels, drive 6 Km to the Post Office and stand in a queue for 5 minutes for orders of
only a few 100 bullets.These days of instant electronic communication, SMSs, emails etc have some downsides the worst of which is that they have encouraged people not to think
(don't figure out the answer to your query, send off an SMS and get the answer from the horses mouth) and because we do this a lot, then the recipient of the queries
gets bogged down, delays the answering and most prevalent with big firms, don't reply at all. See at bottom of the page for an example.
From now on only those bullets that are actually in stock will be listed.
|.224 Diameter||including GST||No/Box|
|TJ224050HP||.224 50 GR HOLLOW POINT||18.40||100|
|UJ224050HPX||.224 50 GR HOLLOW POINT BULK BOX SECONDS||(see below)||15.00||2000|
|TJ244100HWSP||.244 100 GR SP BT Extra Heavy Jkt, bonded core||48.60||100|
|,257 100 GR HOLLOW POINT||28.00||100|
|TJ356100HP||356 100 GR ROUND NOSE HP||20.80||100|
|TJ356150RN||356 150 GR RND NOSE SOFT PT||28.50||100|
|TJ357147SHP||.357 147 GR SHP LIGHT JACKET||25.70||100|
|TJ357147SHPX||.357 147 GR SHP LiIGHT JACKET BULK BOX||24.90||700|
|TJ357158HPP||.357 158 GR SHP LIGHT JACKET||25.30||100|
|TJ357158HPPX||.357 158 GR SHP LIGHT JACKET BULK BOX||24.50||700|
|.400 Diameter (10 mm & 40 Cal)|
|TJ400165FMJX||.400 165 GR FULL METAL JACKET||31.40||400|
In my personal experience it takes on average 8 emails to finalise an order placed with me when surely two would suffice, namely client to me to place the order and my reply advising cost and EFT numbers but it usually goes like this :-
1"Do you have any XYZs?"
2 I send a link to my site that lists what I have in stock.
3 "How many have you got?"
4 Good supplies otherwise they wouldn't be listed.
5 "Can I order 1000 and what is the cost including freight?"
6 To figure the freight I need to know where to ship them?
7 "Oh, I'm at (his address)"
8 I figure the freight and all up cost plus send EFT numbers.
Whereas all that is needed is "I would like to order 1000 XYZs to be shipped to this address."
I reply with all up cost including freight plus payment options.
All finished, everyone's happy. However most purchasers go through the 8 email rigmarole, it means little to them as they go through it only once. The seller however gets it several times a day every day and that's very time consuming.
Re 'Seconds', there are usually 8 operations to make a jacket, sometimes a miniscule imperfection occurs unnoticed at one of the operations and this will result in a crease or lineal indentation in the copper at the nose when the bullet is formed. If there are a significant number of these in a batch, the whole batch will be classed as ‘seconds’ and sold at a discount rather than manually go through them one by one and pick out the creased ones. The incidence of these in a batch can be as much as 20%, the other 80% are ‘firsts’. The seconds are perfectly safe to shoot, they will have the same point of impact and group the same as the firsts, they just look 'faulty'.